For the Press
Our Lady of Lourdes Hospitality North American Volunteers
2017 Fact Sheet
Our Lady of Lourdes Hospitality North American Volunteers is:
- The first Lourdes Hospitality of the Americas to bring the sick with volunteers to Lourdes annually.
- Dedicated to sharing the Gospel Message of Lourdes and bringing hope, healing and peace to those in need.
- The only Lourdes volunteer group granted a plenary indulgence by Pope Francis to all the faithful making pilgrimage to Lourdes or experiencing Lourdes in a Virtual Pilgrimage with Our Lady of Lourdes Hospitality North American Volunteers. The plenary indulgence is effective from July 16, 2013 to July 15, 2020.
Our Lady of Lourdes Hospitality North American Volunteers offers:
- Special Needs Pilgrimages in June and October.
- Volunteer Service Pilgrimages for youth and adults each April-October.
- “Virtual” Pilgrimage Experiences at schools, churches and parishes.
- In 2017, a total of 347 pilgrims and volunteers made the journey to Lourdes with OLOLHNAV, including 59 special needs pilgrims and 34 medical volunteers all from 31 states and 5 countries.
- Also in 2017, over 20,000 “pilgrims” experienced Lourdes in 112 Virtual Pilgrimage Experiences in 15 states and 7 countries on 4 continents.
Our Lady of Lourdes Hospitality North American Volunteers is careful steward of donations.
- The staff and management of Our Lady of Lourdes exercise great fiscal responsibility. In 2016, 91 cents of every dollar was spent of programs and services.
- Through the generous donations to Andrea’s Wish Fund, 47 special needs pilgrims were able to travel to the Grotto at Lourdes in 2017.
Our Lady of Lourdes Hospitality North American Volunteers, established in 2002, is a 501(c)(3) Public Association of the Christian Faithful of the Syracuse Diocese. The group receives no federal, state or Church funding and exist solely on private contributions and the generosity of individual donors. Your gift is tax-deductible to the full extent provided by law. For more information, please visit https://lourdesvolunteers.org. You can also connect with them on Facebook and Twitter.