Serving at Lourdes
Being a volunteer at Lourdes is both a profound and extraordinary privilege. All persons of good will with a sincere desire to assist those in need are invited to offer service at Lourdes.
Volunteers must be capable, fit for duty, in good health and willing to offer seven to ten days of consecutive service.
No experience is necessary. Orientation, Formation and hands-on training are provided by North American Lourdes Volunteers.
Watch our volunteers in service at Lourdes!
- have a sincere desire to join in our charism of family centered in love offering dedicated service in simplicity, humility and obedience
- make an oath to embrace the teachings of the Catholic Church honoring the sanctity of life
- Virtus or similar diocesan certification
- provide a reference from a pastor or priest
- respect the confidentiality of all pilgrims
- offer selfless service throughout travel and stay
- accept modest accommodations and meals
- provide a uniform or appropriate attire
- pay for their own all-inclusive pilgrimage (tax-deductible on US IRS 1040 Schedule A)