Who We Are / Mission Insignia
“To extend the invitation of the Immaculate Conception as given to Bernadette in the Grotto at Lourdes; to serve the sick and suffering at Lourdes and at home following the loving example of St. Bernadette in simplicity, humility and obedience.”
We are volunteers, laity, clergy and religious, who lovingly serve the Immaculate Conception and her pilgrims both in the Sanctauries at France and back at home through living and sharing the Gospel Message of Lourdes. We are members of a Catholic Association united in prayer, evangelization and service within a charism of family centered in love reaching the sick and suffering, the poor and unloved.
As members, we take an oath and offer our service:
- In prayer at home, through the Rosary, at Mass, at Adoration or in sacrifice and suffering
- By assisting others as companions, caregivers, housekeepers and as medical professionals
- As volunteers at the Sanctuaries in the Baths, the Accueils, at the trains and at ceremonies
- Evangelizing through Virtual Pilgrimage bringing Lourdes to those who won’t be going there
- In loving each person as Christ, caring for them as Mary would care for Jesus
Making the mission possible as volunteers, donors, benefactors, sponsors and supporters
We extend the invitation to prayer, to penance and to come in procession:
- Through Virtual Pilgrimages Experiences in parishes, schools, prisons and more…
- Sharing the Message of Lourdes through media appearances, social media and public speaking
- Bringing the seriously ill and profoundly handicapped to Lourdes with Medical Volunteers
- Offering volunteer service opportunities for youth and adults caring for the sick on pilgrimage
- Serving as volunteers with the Hospitalité Notre-Dame de Lourdes at the Sanctuaries in France
The insignia colors are of the dress and mantle of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Patroness of the Americas. The Association sacred sign is surrounded by a gold ring inscribed with our name to symbolize the Sacrament of Marriage representing our charism of family.
The M represents Mary, the Mother of God, surmounted by the Cross symbolizing to Jesus through Mary, in the imagery of the Miraculous Medal, “O Mary conceived without sin…”
The V within the M represents the Virgo Maria, our model, the Virgin Mary and signifies the center of our charism, LOVE, as we are to care for each person as Christ, as His mother would care for Jesus.
The V is highlighted to represent we are volunteers who are in the service of Our Lady and her pilgrims at Lourdes.
The three golden stars represent the Blessed Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, symbolizing the obedience, humility and simplicity in which we are to offer our volunteer service.
The three wavy lines signify the heavenly gift of water at Lourdes in remembrance of our Baptismal promises and to wash of the water as Our Lady requested, in the name of the Blessed Trinity.
The French fleur-de-lys is the French stylized Iris representation of the Immaculate Conception who appeared in the Grotto.
The keys of the St. Peter, Hospitalité Notre-Dame de Lourdes patron, represents our allegiance to the Teaching Magisterium of Holy Mother Church and the Holy Father, his successor.
St. Bernadette, our example, is humbly absent as she directs us to “be sure to leave the room before we could be thanked” so as to be thanked in Heaven, for every good thing we do is a grace.